White House shooting: 21-year-old Naseer Best who identifies himself as Jesus shot dead

Home Events White House shooting: 21-year-old Naseer Best who identifies himself as Jesus shot dead
Spread the love

White House shooting: 21-year-old Naseer Best who identifies himself as Jesus Christ shot dead
Naseer Best (Image/X)

A gunman who allegedly believed he was Jesus Christ was identified as the suspect in the shooting outside the White House and was later killed by US Secret Service personnel during exchange of gunfire near the presidential complex on Saturday evening.Nasire Best, 21 years old, allegedly opened fire at a security checkpoint outside the White House, triggering panic in the area and a massive federal security response. According to New York Post, Best was seen pacing suspiciously near 17th Street Northwest before pulling out a revolver and firing multiple rounds toward officers stationed near the checkpoint.Secret Service personnel immediately returned fire, killing the suspect on the spot. At least one bystander was seriously injured during the exchange, according to sources cited by The New York Post and CBS News. No Secret Service personnel were reported injured.The shooting took place while US President Donald Trump was inside the White House amid ongoing diplomatic discussions related to Iran and a proposed peace framework involving multiple Middle Eastern nations.According to preliminary information, investigators believe Best was a mentally troubled individual who had prior encounters with law enforcement and federal security agencies. Sources said he was previously known to the Secret Service for repeatedly loitering around restricted White House entry points and had allegedly violated an earlier court order instructing him to stay away from the area.Also Read | Gunshots reported near White House during Donald Trump’s Iran talksCourt records from an earlier incident reportedly showed that Best had made bizarre statements while being detained by authorities.“[Best] claimed he was Jesus Christ and that he wanted to get arrested,” court records stated.Authorities said Best had previously been involuntarily committed in June 2025 after obstructing vehicular traffic near 15th Street and E Street Northwest. He was later arrested again in July 2025 for unlawful entry after allegedly bypassing a restricted White House pedestrian control post through an exit turnstile lane.The FBI later confirmed that federal agencies had launched a joint investigation into the shooting.“FBI is on the scene and supporting Secret Service responding to shots fired near White House grounds – we will update the public as we’re able,” FBI Director Kash Patel posted on X.The sound of the gunfire caused chaos among journalists stationed near the White House. ABC News correspondent Selina Wang said reporters were forced to run for cover after hearing what sounded like ‘dozens of gunshots’.“I was in the middle of taping on my iPhone for a social video from the White House North Lawn when we heard the shots. It sounded like dozens of gunshots. We were told to sprint to the press briefing room where we are holding now,” Wang wrote on X.Following the incident, the Secret Service temporarily placed the White House complex under lockdown and directed members of the press to move toward secure areas near the briefing room. The lockdown was lifted roughly 30 minutes later.The shooting occurred less than two hours after President Donald Trump posted on Truth Social that he was inside the Oval Office working on a possible peace agreement involving Iran, Israel and several Middle Eastern countries.In his post, Trump said discussions had taken place with leaders from Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Pakistan, Türkiye, Egypt, Jordan and Bahrain regarding a ‘Memorandum of Understanding pertaining to PEACE’.Political leaders from both Republican and Democratic parties condemned the violence following the incident.House Speaker Mike Johnson thanked the Secret Service agents for their response and expressed prayers for those injured in the shooting.“There is no place in America for political violence,” Representative Cory Mills said while reacting to the incident.Representative Betty McCollum also condemned the attack and urged Americans to resolve political differences democratically.


Spread the love

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

× Free India Logo
Welcome! Free India